Our team has mastered the use of next generation sequencing (NGS), also known as high-throughput sequencing, which allows us to offer:
- High quality microbial gDNA/RNA extraction from a variety of sources including different food samples, environmental matrices, soil, and plant material
- Identification of bacteria and fungi based on 16S/ITS2 rRNA amplicon-based sequences
- Small genomes whole genome sequencing
- Estimation of absolute quantification of alive bacteria by NGS
- Bioinformatic data analysis
Our general aim is to develop strategies to control the dynamics of microbial consortia through the whole food processing chain and during storage. Furthermore, we help with developing of efficient technologies for incorporation of health beneficial microbes into different foods.
Diet and nutrition have been shown as the main factors shaping the gut microflora. Thus, foods containing probiotics and prebiotics, could support the restoration of healthy gut. Monitoring the quantitative changes in microbial consortia throughout food processing allows better comprehension and management of the microbial processes. As a result, our industrial partners will be able to bring novel, streamlined and stable fermented and functional (e.g. probiotic or prebiotic) foods to the market.
We identify taxonomic composition of complex microbial consortia of the human microbiome using Next Generation Sequencing (NGS). Although our main focus is the human gut microbiome analysis service, we perform also DNA extraction, sequencing and data analysis of human skin, mouth, nose, or vaginal microbiome. In collaboration with the business or the research team, we are flexible to design customized packages, including microbiome sequencing, profiling, and help in interpreting the results to meet your needs.
In addition to business-directed services for microbiome analysis, we have developed and launched a successful spin-off, which offers human gut microbiome analysis service for home users – the Elsavie microbiome analysis service. Elsavie offers the complete package, which includes a Kit for Stool collection with detailed instructions, Questionnaire, Sequencing, Data Analysis and a full Report with personal recommendations about diet, lifestyle, and possible risks, based on a comprehensive comparison of your data with the healthy reference group.
Diet and nutrition have been shown to be the main factors shaping the microbiota of the gut. Monitoring the quantitative changes in microbial consortia throughout food processing and supported by nutrition studies allows better comprehension and management of the microbial processes.
- We are flexible partners when it comes to clients’ wishes and preferences and consider every order individually.
- We are highly experienced in NGS-grade gDNA extraction from different starting materials and ready to work on complicated and nontrivial tasks.
- With our strong scientific base, we are ready to participate in research projects and technology development.