Our strength is hidden in deep understanding of methods that we have implemented and therefore most of the work in the department of analytics and metagenomics is focused on solving specific problems that cannot be solved with simple routine analysis. Contact us for collaboration and specific analytical chemistry method development.
We have been collaborating with Lallemand Incorporation in providing QC (quality control) analysis, for many years. In addition, we have developed QC and other methods for several other local and international food producers.
We do not just offer microbiological analysis of food, but provide a full set of microbiological services to answer even the most detailed questions:
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) services, including:
- Metagenomic amplicon sequencing (16S rRNA & ITS2)
- 16S Gut Microbiome Analysis
- Whole Genome Sequencing of bacterial genomes, MLST analysis
- Microbe viability
- Molecular biology services:
- Microbe DNA/RNA extraction from different food, environmental and plant matrices
- Real-time PCR (SYBR Green qPCR and TaqMan)
- Microbe viability qPCR
- Bioprocesses monitoring:
- Isothermal microcalorimetric analysis
- iCinac experiments to monitor the acidifying activity of lactic acid bacteria by continuous pH observation
- Aroma profiling. We conduct aroma analysis to compare the raw materials, analyze production processes, or to become acquainted with the competitors. We can offer a full profile of odor-active compound, as well as, find out the ones with the highest impact on the sensory perception of your samples.
- Off-flavor determination. If a chemical nature of an unwanted flavor is identified, it can be assigned to a specific production step, ingredient, material or a chemical reaction. Consequential flavor enhancement, stability and shelf life studies will guarantee the improvement of your product.
- Trained sensory panels. TFTAK is in possession of trained sensory panels, which are at your disposal to help with innovation or to ensure products with the highest quality. We can help you starting from setting the objectives to data analysis and interpretation of the results.
- Panel trainings and consultations. We offer consultation services to help you set up or improve your sensory quality control system. We are happy to share our knowledge through trainings, which could be either public or customized to the needs of you company.
- Consumer studies. We can carry out consumer studies either in central locations or using home-use tests, which include consumers according to your specific requirements.
- Untargeted metabolomics of fermentation samples (LC-MS/MS based) to identify differences between their metabolite profiles
- Targeted analysis of extracellular metabolites and consumption of media components (sugars, SCFA, AA and vitamins) by HPLC, LC-UV, LC-MS/MS
- Peptidomics (LC-MS/MS)
We can equally focus on chemical analysis of foods and also food ingredients, depending on your needs. A brief list of analysis performed in our laboratory:
- Analysis of amino acids (free and total) by LC-UV and LC-MS
- Carbohydrates and organic acids by HPLC
- Lactose in lactose free products by LC-MS
- Nucleotides, nucleosides and nucleobases
- Specific analyses for yeast products and supplements: Se-Met, thiols (GSH, GSSG etc), PEA/PPA, propanoic acid, sterols, cell wall polysaccharides (alpha-/beta-glucans and mannans)
- Water soluble vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, folic acid, biotin, B12, and vitamin C)
- Phytic acid in unprocessed raw materials by determination of phytatic P
- Phytates in treated/processed samples by LC-MS
- Solanin by LC-MS
- Vicine-convicine by LC-UV
- Dietary fiber
- Total dietary fiber by AOAC 2017.16 method
- Total phenolic content (TPC)
- Polyphenolic profiling by LC-MS
- Profiling of volatile organic compounds by GC-MS
Physical analysis of food is often an important part of product development process, which helps us design the optimal technology for new products.
- Dynamic rheology testing by Anton Paar MCR301 rheometer (viscoelasticity, gelation, storage stability)
- Texture Profile Analysis by TA.XT texture analyzer