sTARTUp Day brings together over 100 world-class speakers and 4000 attendees to discuss business, innovation and new technologies, share startup success stories and lessons learned. The biggest business festival in the Baltic region, sTARTUp Day 2019 “From Zero to Hero“ is taking place on 23rd to 25th of January in Tartu, Estonia.
Our team member Kätrin Karu will talk about “The Future of Food” on 25th of January in the Foodtech panel.
Estonia is the country of innovation – e-residency, unicorns like Taxify and Transferwise, home of Skype – these are just few projects that have brought Estonia to the world map. Estonia and especially Tartu are considered to be mini a version of Silicon Valley. “Tartu is a good place for business. It’s a great environment for starting and already operating companies because it’s much quieter than what’s happening inside the entrepreneur’s head,” Martin Vares, CEO of an on-demand manufacturing platform Fractory.co tells. Former Tinder’s Head of European communications, brand consultant Hermione Way has also some good thoughts about Estonia: “It’s very impressive that a small country has had such a big influence in the technology industry.”
The key to this kind of success is the community-based cooperation – business festival sTARTUp Day is organized in cooperation with the whole City of Tartu, including the University of Tartu, local companies and startup community. Festival brings together startups, traditional entrepreneurs, investors, innovators, and students.
sTARTUp Day is the springboard of heroes and unicorns. Festival’s slogan “From Zero to Hero” refers to a goal to inspire especially the early stage startups with a diverse program of keynotes and discussions, practical hands-on seminars with professionals, pitching competitions, and a large demo area for companies to showcase their products and innovations. Topics vary from Startup and Corporate collaboration, Smart City, Growth Hacking to Space technologies, Biotechnology, and Fashion. It’s a very unique combination because the program is born in collaboration with very different organizations.
The program includes over 100 world-class speakers:
• Hermione Way, brand consultant and former Tinder’s Head of European communications
• Boyd Cohen, one of the leading urban and climate strategists in the world, working in the area of sustainable development and smart cities
• Marc Sands, design marketing guru who has over 20 years’ experience in the marketing industry
• David Helgason is the founder & partner of Unity Technologies which is the world’s most widely used real-time 3D development platform. Together with Finnish mobile game developer (best known for Angry Birds) Peter Vesterbacka, they will have a fireside chat about angel investing.
• And of course the founders of Estonian top startups such as Kristel Kruustük (Testlio), Kaarel Kotkas (Veriff) and Alari Aho (Toggl) and many more.
Keep your eye on the speakers’ page – we will soon announce many more top keynotes